Thursday, July 1, 2010

A Field Guide to the Spiritualized Discography




























I've had some free time lately after being put in the penalty box over at What, so I've been trimming the hedges of my music library, so to speak. And somewhere along the line, I listened to a lot of Spiritualized, and since their career trajectory is the most simple kind (one of steady decline), and their discography is uncomplicated, I decided to share my thoughts for those of you who may be new to these drug addicts and you completists alike. There really should be no room for argument here, you should just accept my word as fact and spend your time worrying about more interesting bands. Here's everything you ever needed to know about the Spiritualized albums:

1992 - Lazer Guided Melodies - Essential

1995 - Pure Phase - Great

1997 - Ladies And Gentlemen We Are Floating In Space - Good

2001 - Let It Come Down - Ok

2003 - Amazing Grace - Ok

2008 - Songs In A&E - Pretty Much Garbage

- As with any discography, each 'era' includes the associated EPs, singles, B-sides, video appearances, etc.

And incase you needed evidence, what is more convincing than the ol' Youtube video? This shit is from the way back - on MTV! If they played this tomorrow, you'd think there was some kind of armed coup going on at Viacom - and basically proves my point.


No comments:

Post a Comment