Friday, May 27, 2011

I was rickrolled the other day

I'm kinda tired of dissing or even thinking about Odd Future at this point, but I think this video disses itself. When I first saw it, I watched the first 10 seconds, pressed pause and complained to my gf, "I'm sick of all these goddamn ads in front of Youtube videos!". But then it slowly dawned on me - 'this isn't a brief commercial for the new Acura Integra playing in front of an Odd Future video... it's actually an Odd Future song called Acura Integurl! I'll admit, my mind was blown a little. But not in a good way. The only good thing about this song is that it's over very quickly.

The most mind-blowing thing, though, is that this video has 63,000+ views, and only 2 'dislikes'!! TWO. Despite having some of the worst lyrics of any R&B song I've heard in quite some time (the only good lyrics are quotes from Lil Wayne songs). If this isn't a sterling example of 'groupthink' I don't know what is. Advertisers: we haven't seen this much popular support for a potential pitchman since the 'Be Like Mike' Gatorade campaign.

No comments:

Post a Comment