Wednesday, August 31, 2011

R U Ready for September?

I hope you've got your consumerist 'sights on', because September is shaping up to be a big month for media. We've got some grunge revival brewing, some great bloggaze (you like that?) records coming out, and I'm still waiting with bated breath for the first indie sex tape scandal. Here's the scoop:

-Neon Indian Album - surely the first album to come packaged with a working analog synthesizer **gimmick points**
-Big Troubles Album
-Chairlift Album (?) - lead single already released on my ex-roommate Ethan Silverman's label
-Toro Y Moi EP - back by popular demand to his chillwave sound
-Mudhoney Documentary
-Pearl Jam Documentary
-St. Vincent Album (wasn't excited about this initially, esp. after her contrived attempt to get some weak ass twitter buzz going , but it sounds like it could be alright in a Feisty kind of way. more candy)
-For Locals: Hopscotch festival, Moog festival (October, technically, but is slated to feature retirement home legends Tangerine Dream, Roedelius, AND Eno, so you should plan in advance)

Now I'm mildly depressed b/c I realize that everything on the above list will likely be covered by NPR, and I am self-consciously NOT a part of the NPR demo. 'That's Not Public Radio' is NOT the name of this blog. So am I missing anything - Drew, 'Contributors'?? Preferably some underground shit that a shut-in like me doesn't have access to.

No comments:

Post a Comment