Tuesday, February 2, 2010

We Are Alive

Almost a month and no activity on here. Drew - post on yer fucking blahg! Don't tell me you started this shit just to share that plagiarized Best-Of list with the 3-10 people who already know your wack taste in music. Now I have to make a post just to make sure this place registers a pulse. I thought I'd share one of the best R&B jams of 2008, by none other than Ms. Mariah Carey. Nicely underplayed too, I think, at least around here. I'm not sure if Carey classifies as a cougar yet, but a glance at the pop charts over the past 2 decades reveals she's been around for quite some time. Impressive that she can still churn out tracks like this (or at least find producers to) that rank among her best work. Seriously, I haven't liked a song of hers this much since Dreamlover, which used to give me a chill as a little whippersnap. I'm also including the full complement of promo-only remixes. I don't usually like electro remixes of hip-hop/R&B songs, but these... well, I'm posting em ain't I? There's also a rap mix featuring that poser Rick Ross, but it's surprisingly shitty, so I'm not including it, as well as the usual assortment of instrumentals & radio edits that are basically redundant, and you can find them elsewhere if you really want them. Merci beaucoups, fuckers!

No comments:

Post a Comment