Monday, June 6, 2011

BREAKING: Chairlift 'Tease' with Album Preview!

Since we "criticize almost everything" around here, I thought I'd take a break from the usual invective and share something I'm genuinely stoked about for a change. And since there's almost nothing to be stoked about in contemporary music, that 'something' always seems to be related to a little band called... Chairlift. Who have a new album coming out soon. And who now have an album preview video up, which I think was posted less than a day ago - news so fresh, Huffington's got nothing on us citizen d-bags here at TNRR!

Anyhow, Polachek and Wimberly seem to be holding shit together now that Pfenning's gone, despite some of my
earlier apprehensiveness. The video shows the two walking around some sort of hyperreal VRML webpage of new construction in Brooklyn [note: this is probably not new construction nor does it appear to be in Brooklyn]. You know, the typical fresh, offbeat thinking that I love about this band, and with the tunes to match. The sonics sound f*cking tasty, and although there aren't many vocals, I'm left with a lingering sensation of wanting more. I can generally say I'm pretty well PSYCHED for this release. So without any further adieu...

No comments:

Post a Comment