Wednesday, November 10, 2010

That IS Rock and Roll

Inspired by that 2 minutes of pop magic that Drew dropped on us, as well as frightened by that image of geezer parking lot rock - is that guy playing a Bogner amp? - I decided to share another slice of essential youth culture. This one comes from Black Flag (the good, pre-Rollins vintage) and I think it may be my favorite punk record of all time. I'm pissed I can't find my excellent sounding vinyl ripped mp3s of this, so Youtube will have to suffice. If you want to remember what ROCK feels like, find the vinyl and turn this shit up to 11:


Here's the same song done by the Rollins unit much later on... not nearly as good, but I'm still giving these guys style points...


... and I'll take that over a hundred-fold of dorky shit like this:


Not hating on the Pumpkins, but the straight laced cover of one of their lamer songs embarrasses me. Way to rip off their logo too, guys. Oh, and I'm not "giving it up" for your motherfuckin "string section". Dorks!

No comments:

Post a Comment