Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Icon lost

So instead of posting on a regular basis these days I spend my time defiling the town I live in with shiny spray paint or watching old rock docs...and so I come to Harry Nilsson. Now he isn't some one that I've never heard of before (we've all heard this one)



But as I venture further into the life of Harry Nilsson and learn how he was a 'one upper to John Lennon' and putting aside all the bias that I neglect from my roommate Brad..(he saw the same doc a year ago and tried pushing this singer guy at me, but like most music Brad finds, I tend to ignore) I'm not gonna say he was on to something, because I think the guys at RCA long ago were the ones onto it.

What really really intrigued me was when I heard two songs in the film that caught my attention.

1st:

A nice Jam featuring some Beatles and others jamming away with Nillson, but hmmm...this is the 70's and the Infamous Cee-Lo Green has yet to hardly exist..

Nowadays you can't hardly go anywhere without hearing "Fuck You"....sure its a cool song, every dude wants to have his day with the hotter chick looking back at the older chick (also hot) and give her a good...well you know the song.

But now the real catch, where I'm gonna need your help Briggsy...this one is short, sweet, catchy and from a kids film made by Nillson, but its been sampled, reworked, stolen and turned into a dance mix or something....help me find where we know this track:


1 comment:

  1. Blackalicious lifted it for their 'blazing arrow' cut.

    maybe that one is too obvious, though.

    ReplyDelete