Wednesday, February 23, 2011

My New Career

The sun is pouring down. Cats are spaced on 'nip, tackling each other and clawing away at my Bobby Brown LPs. All indicators of a good day. And lo and behold, an e-olive branch extended at TNRR, with nary a cage match necessary.

And of all the days to come in hot with


Mr. Truth also elects this moment to touch on how chillwave has started to nudge the sonic aesthetic toward the gloss and style of 80's synth-driven sounds. And I couldn't agree more.

Not only do I see the trend continuing, I embrace it. Sure, most of the new bands that tout Dazzle Ships (!) as influential will sound closer to Chromeo than Junior Boys, but less copies of Lament in a dollar bin is better for everyone.


(homage-wise, this is getting it right)

I had been considering a regular-esque foray into the criminally underrated and unfairly dismissed realm of 80's pop, so this is all quite fortuitous.

Stay tuned, intrepid reader(s?) .. as the post title suggests, first up will be Japan's 1980 masterpiece Gentlemen Take Polaroids.

(to Mick)

No comments:

Post a Comment