Friday, February 4, 2011

2011: a First Look


With my posts becoming rare and more scarce, I fear posting anything...but then I remember that most of this shit is crap anyway so who cares.

A Much appreciated Thanks to the Truth to help keep this alive. I don't know weather to find the co-incidence that all of the videos that he's posted all share the low fi super 8 camera vibe. Like 'look, we don't create new music, so its gotta look like its old too'...I dunno. Perhaps its a theme that these newcomers may be onto now, but whenever I see a car commercial with a throwback blurryness and song lyrics going "...and I'm happy to go running away.." you know where I'm going with this.

That being said, perhaps 2011 will be a glitch year...the start of a new era, pretty soon Hot Releases out of Carborro will be on 96 rock bumping...bumps, clicks, whatever you call the avant/noise/blahgshgjh genre...I know I am excited to hear the new Aphex Twin...and yes the stuff that comes out on Warp records.

Like this guy's new album

No comments:

Post a Comment