Thursday, February 10, 2011

There's Something Happening Here...

Just found this really inspirational video of Ernest Greene (aka Washed Out) chillin hard at the lake. Being a 'regular guy' (100% Earnest-ly). This guy's life seems like a permanent twenty-something vacation, sorta like my own. Hate that I'm spending my vacation studying chemistry and not making music. Washed Out might be the epitome of modern young-adult bands. Wonder how much $$ he makes/how much his parents make. I wish they flashed dollar amounts next to every item in the video, MTV Cribs-style, just so people would know how much they need to attain this lifestyle. He mentions 'working' a lot, but I know this bro doesn't make much money off his bloghouse tracks (which are essentially cover songs anyway). He seems happy though. Why am I not this happy?

Things I have in common with Washed Out:

- 27 yrs. old
- white
- live in the suburbs of the Southeastern United States
- went to college
- have cute girlfriends/fiances
- blog
- consume lots of music
- live near lakes
- have access to boats
- similar haircut
- okay bodies
- been in 'former bands'
- know how to play synth/mess around on computers
- enjoy hot dogs, uncool karoake jams/open mics

He does document his life well via photographs and seems to travel a lot, which I don't do, but I can play guitar + have an OK collection of neckties, so I think we're about even. It stands to reason all I needs to do is pirate some software, buy a microphone at a pawnshop, and hang out at the lake more. Should've discussed life strategies w/ him at Hopscotch, but I was tending to my gf who was outside puking in a bush, which is what he would've probably done, if he were me, which he basically is, so I dunno.

Gonna get dreamy at Jordan Lake this summer. Who's down?




2 comments:

  1. "It's kinda like a naive take on Dance music".....He's like check out my merch, 'I wonder how much these cost'?

    ReplyDelete