Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Guilty Pleasure: Family Of The Year















The Truth is obviously interning for Spin magazine

Family Of the Year is a Polyphonic Spree-ish sounding band that recently put out their debut album. Don't know much about them other than they have a song in an Advil commercial for which they allegedly stole the melody from an obscure Melvin Sparks hit, and they're on tour with Ben Folds (I have no idea who goes to Ben Folds shows in 2k11). Anyway, doesn't seem like a band I would be repping this year, does it? Well, there's no way they're getting any 'cool points' for having this jangly 2003 sound, but I don't think it matters, this band has songwriting chops like I haven't heard in a long time. This is probably the type of band that goes straight to the mainstream, doesn't even front in indie markets. Anyone want to go to Walnut Creek to see these guys with me? Won't tell anyone, promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment