Thursday, February 10, 2011

Overground Bro Crashes Blog, Loves Vampire Weakend

Don't know who The Sound is (Stan Getz?) but he seems intent on 'shaking things up', calling people out, and spreading the love of overground bands like Vampire Weekend and Amy Winehouse/James Blake. I guess he either hacked our site, or he's a friend of The Myth; either way I guess I gotta accept our new 'contributor'. It'll probably drive a lot of traffic to our blog, sharing all the New Radicals CD's and Coldplay Storytellers. Not gonna change my opinion on Better Than Ezra Koenig, but he seems like a sharp critic, so I say 'Welcome' (maybe he's got a sweet manga collection, who knows?)

Speaking of James 'Blake' Lively, wasn't it weird how I just wrote that trend-piece, and I was like 'Fck Dubstep, Fck Trends, Are We Not Men?' and then Pitchfork shot back 12 hours later with 'Dubstep is the New Trend, You Must Like James Blake', written by local teddy bear Grayson Currin no less? I'm gonna tell you the same thing I told you when a strange man offers you candy and asks you to get in his van - 'Don't Do It. You Will Regret This'. If you want minimalist pop, why not listen to some Young Marble Giants, or if it's Soul you need, try this:


Remember, you're in good hands at TNRR (just make sure you check who's writing the posts)

1 comment:

  1. The sound is another michiganite....well rounded with knowledge...perhaps closed up with opinions

    ReplyDelete